Friday, October 18, 2013

freebie friday - slouchy toque

Why Hello There! Since I've been a disappointment lately and haven't finished my grape jam sweater quite as quickly as I should have, I'm treating you with a free pattern. This is my go-to toque (let's get something straight, they are toques, not beanies) when someone asks me for a slouchy hat. They knit up quickly, are warm and sit snugly on your brainpan without being too tight. Here we go... Materials:
  • 1 Skein medium weight yarn (I can usually get 2 hats out of a skein...3 if It's a big one)
  • 4.5mm Dpns or size to obtain gauge
  • yarn needle for sewing in ends
Gauge: 6.5 sts x 7 Rows = 1" in 1x1 ribbing unstretched
  • Cast on 96 sts k1 p1 ribbing for 9* inches *or desired length; go longer for more slouch or shorter for more of a "bump" decrease:
    1. *k, p, k, p, k2tog* around (80 sts)
    2. *k, p, k, p, k* around (you will have 2 knits side-by side in areas)
    3. *k, p, k, p2tog* around (64 sts)
    4. *k, p* around
    5. *k, p, k2tog* around (48sts)
    6. *k, p, k* around
    7. *k, p2tog* around (32 sts)
    8. *k, p* around
    9. *k2tog, p2tog* around (16 sts)
    10. *k, p* around
    11. *k2tog, p2tog* around (8sts)
    12. *k2tog, p2tog* around (4sts)
    break yarn and thread through remaining 4 sts and pull tight. Sew in your ends.
    If you have any questions give me a shout in the comments section.
    Happy knitting~
  • 1 comment:

    1. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job!audio visual installation services toronto

      ReplyDelete